Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why I'm Blogging

So, I'm back from the DR and all I can say right now is that it was awesome, one of the best months I've ever had. It was also pretty busy and tiring, so I didn't have much time or energy to write while I was there. Now that I'm home, however, I have that time and energy, so I'm going to try to write down some of the experiences and realizations that I had while I was there.

I'm writing this blog for several reasons. First, I want to record the experience so I can remember it much later. Second, I am encouraging/forcing myself to journal and reflect on experiences that I had rather than just letting them pass by, as well as taking the journal entries that I wrote while I was there and putting them together so they make more sense to a reader. I also want to help those who haven't been there (especially those who sponsored me) to get an idea of what the DR is like and what I did, and challenge them with some of the same things I am being challenged with from the trip.

So be on the lookout for more entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment